EAT LIKE A MARATHONER
The Ultimate Guide to Eating and Fueling for Marathon Training & Race Success!
You have one shot at running a great marathon! Give your body what it needs so that you can train and run successfully!
It's not worth all of your time and training, all of those long runs, and high mileage weeks if you are not fueling properly and implementing nutritional techniques specific to YOUR body and what it needs to run a MARATHON.
You have one shot to get it right.
Here is why every marathoner needs this course:
Every year, 40% of all marathoners who start a marathon race will experience some level of glycogen depletion, a.k.a. “hitting the wall”. Out of that 40%, two-fifths will be forced to drop out of the marathon all together.
All that hard training over the course of days, weeks, and months, are flushed away in a matter of hours.
If we did put in the appropriate training, the biggest factor to blame is our nutrition.
If we have properly trained, it comes down to the question of, "Are you giving your body enough fuel to power your marathon at the pace that you want to run?”
It's hard to know if you are giving your body enough fuel if you are following generalized nutrition guidelines.
You need something more personalized, a plan for YOUR body, and YOUR needs, for YOU to follow. And this is exactly what this kit will do for you.
Through the accompanying workbook, course sections, and the calculators included in this kit, derived from Harvard Researcher Benjamin Rapoport and Exercise Physiologists, William McArdle and Scott Powers, you will calculate and develop your own personalized marathon training and race nutrition plan.
By personalized, I mean that you will get a 9 STEP PLAN that will help you figure out:
- Your fitness level through a VO2 test in order to determine your energy/fuel needs when running.
- What your maximum sustainable running pace is for your fitness level. This will help you choose healthy, realistic paces to run at and to determine how much fuel you will need at that pace. Ultimately, you will crush those time goals and finish the marathon strong and with a smile!
- Find out how many carbs and fats you are burning throughout the race so that you can effectively refuel.
- Your glycogen (carbohydrate) storage capacity on a typical day and when fully carboloaded.
- When you will exhaust your glycogen stores (whether you have carbo-loaded or have not carbo-loaded before a race) and therefore, at what mile you will "hit the wall" during the marathon based off of your fuel storage.
- Develop your personal race refuel plan to absolutely avoid hitting the wall.
We will also talk about:
- what we burn as fuel when we run long and short distances
- which diets are the best for us as a runner
- what kinds of foods we should eat
- what is optimal fuel for a runner
- find our personalized nutritional needs as a runner
- how to menu plan for successful eating habits
- how to fuel specifically before, during, and after long and short runs
- how many carbs YOUR body can store
- what mile YOU will hit the wall based on your profile
- how to come up with a solid race refuel plan
- two different carbo-loading plans to choose from before a marathon
- what your pre-race meal should look like
- what your marathon recovery should look like from the nutritional aspect
This 30 page workbook provides you with:
- a space to record your profile information
- space to work through your personalized 9 STEP Marathon Nutrition Prep Plan
- your menu planning & shopping list printables
- a good foods shopping list
- quick snack & meal ideas
- cheat sheets for when, how, and what to eat before, during, and after a long run and a short run
- a high carbohydrate foods list
- your carbo-loading guidelines and planning space
- pre-race meal guidelines and planning space
- and how to recover nutritionally after a race
Is this for you?
- Are you in training for a half marathon or especially a marathon?
- Are you training for a time goal? (even more important then to nail your nutrition!)
- Do you want to give your body exactly what it needs in order to be successful at long distance running?
- Are you worried that by consuming a high carbohydrate diet as a runner you will put on weight?
- Do you want to feel great and eat like a marathoner should eat?
- Do you want to get your "one shot" right?
If you nodded your head then this course is for you!
Here's what other marathoners say about this program:
"I tend to think in black and white, so having things spelled out for me (foods, when to eat, why to eat it) took all the guesswork out of nutrition. This is an area where I struggle racing or not.
It was the next best thing to hiring a nutritionist! I especially needed the carb-loading prior and replacing carbs lost during the race. Having specific foods and a schedule made it easy!"
- Kyle Wendy
"I purchased your "Eat Like a Marathoner" Plan and it was SO helpful. I used your tips for nutrition for the last half marathon I did, and I had my best race to date and I have YOU to thank for that!"
Hi! I'm Molly, from All About Marathon Training. I coach marathoners and half marathoners through personalized plans and self training tools. With 6 marathons under my belt and and B.S. in Kinesiology with a focus in Exercise Science, I'm excited to help you achieve all of your running dreams!
Saying "yes" to EAT LIKE A MARATHONER is the next best thing to hiring a personal nutrition coach but at a fraction of the cost!
- Through our calculators and guided information steps you will develop your own personal nutritional plan that is going to have you marathon ready for your big day.
- By implementing the 9 Step Plan (which takes minimal time to complete once you know your fitness level) you will quickly be able to develop your race refuel plan and your race recovery nutritional plan.
- By implementing the 2 Step Prep Plan the week before your marathon you will have your own personal carbo-loading plan and your pre-race meal planned for your body and your marathon goals! What exactly does this mean?
This means that come race morning you will KNOW that you have fueled and primed your body for marathon race day success!
There will be no second guessing. You will be confident in knowing that you have adequately prepped for the race and that you know how to continue fueling during the race to reach that finish line that you have worked so hard for!
You did not wing it and leave it up to chance that you will get there by just eating a "high carbohydrate meal" a couple days before your race and by drinking some Gatorade and maybe a GU gel during the race.
Failing to plan is planning to fail but that is not what you settled for!
I would hate for you to spend so many hours out there logging the miles, putting in the running workouts, and checking off those long runs only to have you leave one of the most important marathon training elements, your nutrition, on the table.
Choosing to be unintentional with your pre-race week nutrition can be disastrous from the moment you wake up on race morning.
It will show in those early miles, self-doubt will easily find it's way in. The worst thing that can go wrong during your marathon is to hit that wall and be forced to either drop out or painfully continue walking or slow paced jogging on but that can be completely avoided through proper nutrition the week before your race and during the race itself!
Let EAT LIKE A MARATHONER do the work for you!