RUN YOUR FIRST MARATHON
20 Week Training Plan + Ultimate Step by Step Guide for the beginner runner who wants to be a marathoner!
Want to run your very first marathon but are overwhelmed by the idea?
Let me take you step by step and lay out what you actually need to focus on!
When training for a marathon you don't have time to waste. You literally have one shot to get it right.
This is not merely a training plan rather it is an ultimate guide geared specifically for those running their first marathon!
It includes a training plan, checklists, prompts, motivational strategies, space to record, and even a log book/journal for your first marathon!
Here's what this 20 Week Marathon Training Schedule Package includes:
This is it. Your one stop shop only marathon training guide you will need to finish your first marathon!
- A (first ever) 20 week marathon training plan (+ a prep week plan)!
- Goals Assessment + Body Assessment + worksheets
- Your Warm Up + Cool Down Prescriptions
- The Develop your Marathon Mindset Program: 20 Week Mental Training Plan for Marathon Runners. This features weekly Prompts (the marathon is 80% in the head so we need to train ourselves to be mentally strong during the marathon!)
- Cross Training Prescription + Goals
- A Mini Marathon Nutrition Guide
- Your Pre-Marathon Week Strategy all laid out including nutrition! (That last week is crucial!)
- Your carbo-loading plan
- Pre-Race Meal Plans
- Race Week Checklists for a smooth marathon start and finish
- A Recovery Action Guide
- Journal/Log space with prompts because it's your first marathon and you should document it!
- all the included PDF downloads throughout the program are digitally fillable and printable
What one happy runner says:
"I love this plan! It's so full of information about physical *and* mental training. One of my favorite aspects of this program is the emphasis on mental training. I've never seen a marathon training program that offered mental training exercises and that set aside a "mental training" day each week. What a great idea! I am pretty slow and tend to get discouraged easily, so mental preparation is just as important as the physical work for me.
I also love the fact that there are both digital and print versions available, and that it integrates nutritional training as well as information about hydration, rest, race-day prep, clothing, and so much more. It is truly a comprehensive plan, and a fresh new addition to the marathon training information on the web! Thanks so much for such a unique contribution to the running literature; I think this will become one of your most popular plans yet :)." - Anne
Hi! I'm Molly, from All About Marathon Training. I coach marathoners and half marathoners through personalized plans and self training tools. With 6 marathons under my belt and and B.S. in Kinesiology with a focus in Exercise Science, I'm excited to help you achieve all of your running dreams!
How much time will you need each week for this marathon training program?
There are 4 days of running scheduled every week: 3 shorter runs and 1 long run.
Since this training plan is specifically for first time marathon runners the focus is almost completely on the long run and does not include other quality running workouts such as tempo runs or hill repeats.
Your running days are scheduled for specific days of the week however they can be changed up to fit your schedule.
Each week also has a scheduled but optional cross training session.
Frequently Asked Questions
Running my first marathon is one of my fondest and most cherished memories! Let me help you make it one of yours as well.
Are you ready to be a marathoner?